Pride In Surrey 2019 will be the first LGBTQ+ Pride for Surrey, UK.
The confirmed date is Saturday 10th August with a Parade running through Woking Town followed by Pride Celebration in Woking Park.
For us, Pride is more than just a one day event. We’ll make it our mission to educate both the general community and the LGBT+ communities about the needs, troubles and various other aspects of LGBT+ culture. We’ll celebrate these communities and provide a forum to share the history and accomplishments of the LGBT+ people whilst establish how we can also improve and educate those who don’t necessarily understand it.
The Parade – 11am
(At 11am, the walking Pride Parade will leave HG Wells Centre on Church Street East. The parade will pass through the town gates, around Jubilee Square and into the Wolsey Place shopping centre. The parade will then flow through the centre, turning left onto Commercial Way and onto The Slug & Lettuce where it will disperse. To register your place in the parade (be quick and register today) visit: prideinsurrey.org/parade
The whole parade is accessible for everyone.
The Pride Park (12noon)
- Everyone is welcome. Pre register for your free tickets here.
- The main stage will host a variety of live entertainment up to 10pm. Check out the Pride In Surrey stage line-up here.
- The Youth Pride Zone will include activities and entertainment. Support and guidance will be available from trained Youth Workers, on site until 5pm.
- All your food and drink needs will be met by the vast amount of traders.
- Our charity zone will house many local and national support groups, emergency services, socials groups and more.
- Local traders offer a diverse selection of gifts and services making Pride 2019 a day to remember
Accessibility: Every effort will be made to ensure the Pride Park (Woking Park) is as accessible as possible. Please see: Prideinsurrey.org/accessibility for more information.
Accessibility at Pride In Surrey is made more possible from the sponsorship of Surrey County Council.
Your safety is of utmost importance therefor bag searches will be carried out by SIA registered, fully trained personnel. No sharp items or liquids will be allowed within the Pride Park and staff reserve the right to refuse entry. Only drinks purchased within the Pride Park can be consumed within the Park. No form of hate will be tolerated, any acts of verbal or physical abuse will be reported without hesitation to Surrey Police and eviction from the Pride Park. All bars within the Pride Park will operate a challenge 25 policy and staff reserve the right to refuse the sale of alchohol.
Pride In Surrey are official premise licence holders for the event.
Licence Number: 19/00191/PREMIS
Designated Premises Supervisor: Charlie Watts (025836)