Pride In Surrey 2019 will be the first LGBTQ+ Pride for Surrey, UK.
The confirmed date is Saturday 10th August with a Parade running throughout Woking Town followed by Pride Celebration in Woking Park.
For us, Pride is more than just a one day event. We’ll make it our mission to educate both the general community and the LGBT+ communities about the needs, troubles and various other aspects of LGBT+ culture. We’ll celebrate these communities and provide a forum to share the history and accomplishments of the LGBT+ people whilst establish how we can also improve and educate those who don’t necessarily understand it.
(Parade route is subject to change) At 11am, the walking Pride Parade will leave HG Wells Centre on Church Street East. Accompanied by The Mayor of Woking, the parade will pass through the town gates, around Jubilee Square and into the Wolsey Place shopping centre. The parade will then flow through the centre, turning left onto Commercial Way and onto The Big Apple where it will disperse.
Note: Toilet & changing facilities will be available before and after the Parade at the HG Wells Centre. Valuables shouldn’t be left at the venue.
Accessibility: Those with accessibility needs can access HG Wells centre via the cross bridge from within the Victoria Way carpark. Accessible toilets are available within the HG Wells centre. There are 5 steps from Church street into the HG Wells centre if you do not use the car parking cross bridge. Please see: Prideinsurrey.org/accessibility for more information.
The Pride Park
- 12noon The Pride Park gates open (Woking Park)
- The entrance is free and welcomes everyone. Pre registration will be required
- The main stage will host a variety of live entertainment up to 10pm
- There will be a large family/youth zone including activities, workshops, face paint and support guidance
- All your food and drink needs will be met by our vast amount of stall traders, catering something for everyone
- The VIP Area is a great opportunity to grab yourself a perfect view of the main stage as well as avoiding any queues (VIP passes available to purchase soon)
- Our charity zone will house many local and national support groups, emergency services, socials groups and more
- Local traders offer a diverse selection of gifts and services making Pride 2019 a day to member
Accessibility: Every effort will be made to ensure the Pride Park (Woking Park) is as accessible as possible. Please see: Prideinsurrey.org/accessibility for more information.
Your safety is of utmost importance therefor bag searches will be carried out by SIA registered, fully trained personnel. No sharp items or liquids will be allowed within the Pride Park and staff reserve the right to refuse entry. Only drinks purchased within the Pride Park can be consumed within the Park. No form of hate will be tolerated, any acts of verbal or physical abuse will be reported without hesitation to Surrey Police and eviction from the Pride Park. All bars within the Pride Park will operate a challenge 25 policy and staff reserve the right to refuse the sale of alchohol.